At Community IT Innovators, we strive to share our tech expertise through our webinars. We cover diverse topics such as cloud options, data retention, file sharing and many other topics related to technology for nonprofits.
Don’t see a topic you’re interested in? Contact us to make a suggestion!
Constituent experience is how clients and customers experience your nonprofit organization and impacts how your organization leverages nonprofit IT technology. Join us for this free hour long webinar with Kyle Haines from our partners at Build Consulting. This webinar is at our regular time, Wednesday at 4pm EST.
Past Webinar Slides & Recordings
- February 8th: How to Address Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities at Nonprofits – YouTube Recording
Join CTO Matt Eshleman and Centralized Services Manager Galen Wenger as they review the best approaches for addressing the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. Hardware and software manufacturers continue to release and revise their solutions. Matt and Galen have been in the trenches deploying updates to our clients, and will review the latest fixes and discuss the best strategies for applying them.
- January 24th: Technology Trends Round Table – Slides & Recording
Our panel of Community IT Innovators experts share updates on trends in security, technology management, the cloud, infrastructure, and more issues for nonprofits in 2018.
- November 15th: Improving Donor Data – Slides & Recording
Join Community IT Innovators colleagues Build Consulting as they share a story of how one nonprofit organization improved their donor data. The lessons learned from this story apply to many data types, including members, funders, partners, and program beneficiaries.
- October 18th: What’s New In Office 365 – Slides & Recording
Join CTO Matt Eshleman to learn how to make the most of Office 365 features for your organization, training your staff to see the value of this platform, tips to save time and work efficiently and effectively, and the correct set up to keep your work accessible to your team while secure from hackers.
- September 20th: Your Nonprofit IT Budget – Slides & Recording
An informative discussion with CEO Johan Hammerstrom on how to budget for your IT to perform well, how to integrate IT budget decisions at all levels of management, and how to become comfortable viewing IT decisions as important strategic decisions.
- August 23d: We Are All Data Managers. Learn How To Up Your Game – Slides & Recording
Join Build Consulting for a discussion of how we are all data managers and how we can think differently to up our data management game. The skills you learn in this webinar will make you a better manager of data and a more valued employee to your organization. 15 minutes of presentation and the remainder of the time answering questions.
- July 19th: Crafting Your Nonprofit IT Security Policy – Slides & Recording
CTO Matt Eshleman takes you through a manageable outline to create or update a policy for your organization that will address different levels of access to data; confidentiality and security; emails, passwords, and 2 step authentication; and what policies need to be in place for staff devices and cloud computing.
- June 21st: Latest Nonprofit Cloud Strategies – Slides & Recording
President and CEO Johan Hammerstrom discusses costs and design for cloud hosting and software options, including Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) and Software as a service (SAAS). He focuses on costs for migration, support, hosting, and hidden costs even for “free” cloud platforms for nonprofits; functionality for users; and especially security.
- May 17th: Successful Nonprofit Technology Change Management – Slides & Recording
In one of our most popular webinars, Peter Gross of Build Consulting presents a powerful framework to implement nonprofit technology change management projects for impact. Most technology projects have non-technological goals – to reach those goals, not only must the technology improve, but the habits and behaviors of system users must change.
- April 2017: Single Sign On (SSO) Security – Slides & Recording
SSO products form a protective layer between the user and cloud applications that user has access to, acting as a master password. Matt Eshleman shares the pros and cons, the available SSO products, training staff, and the costs.
- March 2017: Security Readiness – Slides & Recording
Matt Eshleman shares our expertise in addressing nonprofit security at all levels, from your infrastructure to your personnel, and what your organization can be doing to stay secure in this age of cyber insecurity.
- February 2017: Information Management Basics – Slides & Recording
Our special guests Build Consulting describe big picture ways to improve your information management mindset to help you manage and leverage the vast amount of information your organization creates.
- January 2017: New Year’s Resolutions Roundtable – Slides & Recording
Our panel of Community IT Innovators experts share their New Year’s Resolutions with you regarding their nonprofit technology concerns in security, technology management, the cloud, infrastructure, and more.
- November 2016: Is Dropbox Your Next File Server? – Slides & Recording
- October 2016: Identifying IT Risks – Slides & Recordings
- September 2016: Planning an Office Move – Slides & Recording
- August 2016: Planning and IT Project Management for Nonprofits – Slides & Recording
- July 2016: Building an Effective Nonprofit IT Department – Slides & Recording
- June 2016: Dropbox and Other Alternatives to SharePoint – Slides & Recording
- May 2016: Successful SharePoint Implementation – Slides & Recording
- April 2016: Un-Selling SharePoint – Slides & Recording
- March 2016: Windows 10 for the Enterprise – Slides & Recording
- February 2016: Backups and Disaster Recovery for Nonprofits – Slides & Recording
- January 2016: IT Security Threats to Nonprofits – Slides & Recording
- November 2015: Are You Ready For Office 2016? – Slides & Recording
- October 2015: Guidelines for Annual Nonprofit IT Budgeting Slides & Recording
- September 2015: Training Staff in Basic End User IT Security – Slides & Recording
- August 2015: Leveraging IT for Success – Slides & Recording
- July 2015: Raiser’s Edge NXT – Slides & Recording
- June 2015: Microsoft Sneak Peek at Skype for Business, Windows 10 & Office 2016 – Slides & Recording
- May 2015: Recap of Microsoft Ignite Conference 2015 – Slides & Recording
- April 2015: Crafting an IT Security Policy for Your Organization – Slides & Recording
- March 2015: How Data Quality Defines Your Organization – Slides & Recording
- February 2015: OneDrive versus Dropbox – Slides & Recording
- January 2015: A Look Back, A Look Ahead at Nonprofit Technology – Slides & RecordingFor previous webinar materials through June 2012 please contact us.